How to Start an Adult Day Care Franchise
The elder care services sector is experiencing a boom. Now a $60.3 billion industry, demand for senior care continues to grow as the population of persons over 65 increases and, at the same time, per capita income rises.
For the savvy businessperson, the uptick in demand offers a lucrative opportunity. What’s more, it empowers you to have a positive impact on people’s lives. An exceptionally run senior care facility with dedicated staff can improve quality of life for local people and enhance caregiver well-being – making a major difference for your whole community.
What Is an Adult Day Care Franchise?
Adult day care is a senior care facility that assists with daily living needs while supporting health and social outcomes in a safe, engaging, and comfortable environment. An adult day care franchise is a business opportunity you can leverage to benefit from rising industry demand, an established brand, and access to resources and training that pave the way for long-term success.
What Does It Take to Start an Adult Day Care Business?
First and foremost, sustainable success in the adult day care business requires a commitment to attendees’ quality of life and day-to-day enjoyment. It is a hugely rewarding and heart-warming undertaking that demands a commitment to the overall experience.
In addition to the drive and passion, you will need a location, an understanding of your state’s rules and regulations, and a franchise partner you can trust. Let’s explore these steps in more detail.
What Are the Steps to Starting Your Own Adult Day Care Franchise?
Here are the four steps to starting your own adult day care franchise:
Step 1: Select an area with demand
You know the refrain: Location, location, location. The area you decide to serve with your adult day care franchise is integral – although overall demand is high, it varies from region to region. When selecting a location, consider the following:
- How old is the population? Ideally, opt for an area with an aging population. This naturally means a bigger clientele you could potentially serve. For example, Maine has the highest percentage of residents over 65. Utah has the lowest.
- What is the competition? Is there already an adult day care facility in the region? If so, is there strong enough demand to warrant a competitor?
Step 2: Contact state and county officials
Regulations differ between states and counties, so reach out to your local officials to learn more about licensing, certification, zoning, and safety codes.
If you are unsure who to contact, the US Department of Health and Human Services is a good place to start.
Step 3: Learn the rules and regulations of your state
Compliance is critical to the success of your adult day care franchise. In collaboration with the Research Triangle Institute and the Office of Disability, Aging, and Long-Term Care Policy (DALTCP), the Department of Health and Human Services has released a document, Regulatory Review of Adult Day Services, that offers quick and easy access to state-by-state rules, regulatory profiles, and other important information.
Step 4: Find a franchising company to partner with
When comparing potential franchising companies to partner with, consider the following key features:
- Reputation. Does the company have an established reputation as an industry leader? Has its approach to adult day care proven to be successful elsewhere? Ensuring your franchising partner has a positive reputation will set you up for success from day one.
- Innovation. Does the company have a unique and innovative business model? Is its value proposition compelling?
- Support. Does the franchisor offer ongoing support to its partners? This is critical, especially if you are new to the aged care industry.
How Town Square Can Help You Franchise Your Own Adult Day Care
Town Square partners with business-savvy people across the United States, and we’d be thrilled to have you join our family. Our franchisees benefit from an established and pioneering brand with a business model that stands out.
Committed to your long-term success, we offer training and ongoing support, so you can secure recurring revenue and grow a rewarding business that thrives for many years to come.
Contact Town Square Franchising to learn more about how we can help you own a successful adult day center that helps local seniors and their families thrive.