Activities for Seniors in Marlton, NJ
As we age, spending extended time alone can lead to isolation, which has many negative effects on mental and physical health. This is particularly true for people with Alzheimer’s disease or another form of dementia, who may become withdrawn socially due to their own changing habits or a well-intentioned caregiver trying to spare them distress. However, social interaction is one of the most valuable ways to support older people’s cognitive health.
At Town Square Marlton, we offer seniors in the Burlington County area and their families not only the top choice in local adult day enrichment programming, focusing on reminiscence, mental, physical, and social health, and vintage fun, but also access to many other resources and the assistance of our memory care-trained team. Contact us today to schedule a tour or learn more, or read further to find out about the varied activities we offer.
Planned Activities & Programs
We’ve curated a dynamic range of activities and programs designed to bring older adults social connection, keep them moving, and inspire their interests. Our ultimate goal is to improve our members’ lives with health, happiness, and fulfillment.
Town Square Marlton provides some of the best activities for seniors in NJ by varying our programming, offering something for everyone, and making sure everyone can participate at their own level of ability. Our locations in the other regions of New Jersey – Town Square at the Jersey Shore in Brick and Town Square Princeton – share the same philosophy.
Sit Back and Relax
- Glenner Park and Little Blue House: In a bright indoor green space or the cozy comfort of a mid-century living room, members gather to unwind and share stories, participate in large group gatherings, or just listen to a classic record. These spaces are built for serenity and camaraderie.
- Rosie’s Diner and Guys & Dolls Salon: Rosie’s Diner offers healthful, delicious meals and snacks in an authentic vintage setting with a working jukebox, while Guys & Dolls Salon offers members the opportunity for a fresh cut or a new look while enjoying the companionship of peers and our team. Both spaces evoke a sense of ease and connection.
- Phil’s Newsstand: Members can explore newspapers or browse current magazines, sparking reminiscence or engaging conversations that soothe the soul.
Let’s Get Social
- City Hall: Our staff is headquartered at City Hall, and our team members are always available to answer questions, lend a hand, or just say hello. City Hall also regularly hosts Veterans’ Club meetings and small group discussions.
- Starlite Theater: Through vintage screenings, film trivia, and much more members are brought together by shared experiences of the iconic entertainment of the mid-20th century.
- Recreation Center: This storefront encourages group play and laughter, forging connections through friendly competition in pool, board games, and more.
Energize the Body and Mind
Health Club: Group exercise classes and movement games infuse energy into the Town Square community, promoting physical well-being and the beneficial cognitive effects that come from better overall health.
Cultivate Creativity and Curiosity
- Learning Center: Stimulating mental engagement, the Learning Center allows members to explore new interests together.
- Craft Corner: Artistic expression flourishes as members engage in crafts and creative activities, showcasing their talents and challenging their minds.
- Mike’s Garage: Nostalgia intertwines with shared experiences as vintage vehicle enthusiasts congregate, sharing tales of road trips and the golden age of travel.
- Music & Memories: Music & Memories combines melodies and shared musical activities, combating isolation while evoking cherished memories.
Town Square Marlton: Activities for Everyone
At Town Square Marlton, inclusion and strengthening of peer bonds are important facets of our model of care. That’s why the reminiscence-based senior activities in our Burlington County, NJ center are designed to ensure everyone can participate and benefit from their experiences. This approach involves factors such as:
- Tailoring to Ability Levels: Our team of empathetic dementia care and activity professionals helps all members take part in all activities they choose to. Activities are modified to accommodate differing levels of physical and cognitive ability, fostering a sense of accomplishment without frustration or leaving anyone out.
- Celebrating Achievements Together: Members are cheered on by the Town Square team and their peers alike as they challenge themselves and discover their potential, opening up social interaction and increasing confidence.
- Deepening Connections with Shared Interests: We encourage members to share stories and find common ground based on past experiences, passions, and hobbies.
To find out more about the benefits of our senior day enrichment activities at Town Square Marlton or to set up a tour of our center for you and your loved one, contact us today.